How to Train Like a BOSS
It’s pointless to walk into the gym without a clue of what to do.
Unfortunately, this is the plan for most people.
They may get inspired from watching videos online and think they are going to dominate their next workout. Only when they walk in the door its like amnesia sets in and so they resort to the ol faithful cardio deck – ugh the treadmill again 😖 does anyone really enjoy that thing?
I don’t want you dreading another workout or walking around lost so…
Here is how to dominate your next training session like a BOSS.
- Have a plan – Write out your next workout and know exactly what you’re going to do every step of the way. Write out your warmup, your sets and reps that you want to accomplish and even a strength goal you want to hit for the day… this means write down the WEIGHT you are going to lift. You damn right strength training is a part of your plan.
- Set your mindset. You’re at the gym for one reason and one reason only – and no, it’s not to socialize with your friends… save that for after the training session. You’re there to dominate your workout so get your mind right, however you need to do this. For me, I have this YouTube playlist that gets me hyped. I also visualize each lift that I’m going to strive to hit, especially if its a heavy squat or deadlift day. This truly helps when I know I have to shut up and step up.
- Train with others. I’ll be honest… I have always done better in my workouts when I have had a training partner to help push me beyond my own limits. And it’s even better when I have my team together and we have friendly competitions amongst each other. Find your tribe who will PUSH YOU… not someone who will bail on your first chance they get or let you get away with excuses.
- NO EXCUSES! If there is one thing that 🙊ing annoys the hell out of me, its someone who constantly has excuses. I have been known to fire training partners because of their constant excuses to miss workouts. Don’t be this person… be part of the 1% club who demands better of themselves.
- HAVE FUN! There is no rule that says you have to dread going to the gym or that your workouts have to be boring. Maybe the reason you’re not in shape is because you haven’t actually found the activity you enjoy yet. Experiment, try new things and find the activity that you will enjoy and have some FUN with it!
With that said, if you are looking for a new and exciting way to put all of these rules together so that you can Dominate Your Next Workout Like A BOSS, hit me up – we’ll see if one of our programs is right for you.
PS: The Gen-X Strength Project crew had a little meet up yesterday and had a freaking blast! You can check out the action here…